By now, you’ve likely heard of the term “SEO”. If you’re confused about the term, you’re not alone. Thankfully, we’re here to shed some light on the topic. Meanwhile, other companies use tactics of throwing technical jargon at you to scare and confuse you. Today we will clarify how these three little letters can help increase visibility for your business. This means an increase in sales and revenue for you. We give you the What, Why, How of SEO. By the end, you’ll learn to appreciate that a good search engine optimization strategy can make or break your business.
What Is SEO?
By definition, SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. In other words, search engine optimization equals to free advertisement on Google and Bing. It’s the science used by search engines that allow your business to be recognized when customers are searching online. For example, if you’re a local business selling sushi, it means showing up at the top of search engines when customers around you are searching for “sushi restaurants” or “sushi around me”. If your competitors have a better SEO strategy, this could mean loss of revenue for your business.
How Does SEO Work Exactly?
Having a great, modern, responsive website is just the first step for your business. A solid search engine optimization strategy revolves around much more and generally must focus on the following:
- Business Goals
- Seems like a no-brainer, but you need to figure out your business goals first; what is your business selling? What is your target audience?
- Having a solid understanding of your business goals will save a lot of time down the road; additionally, this will be very helpful as you figure out which keywords to use with your search optimization
- Website Optimization
- Your new website may look outstanding and modern, but is your content relevant? SEO focuses heavily on content; therefore, you’ll need to make sure your pages are telling Google or Bing the story you want your business to tell
- Social Media Campaign
- If you read our previous post, by now you understand the importance of integrating social media with your business. This is especially true when it comes to search engine rankings. The more credibility your business has on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.), the more Google ranks your business in terms of importance
- Review Key Performance Indicators
- Once you set up your search optimization strategy and figured out the major keywords that customers will use to search for your business, you’ll also need to start monitoring how those keywords are performing and continually adjust your strategy accordingly
Why Does My Business Need SEO?
As of today, there are numerous ways that you can get the word out about your business: customer referrals, radio commercials, paid online ads, flyers.
The sad truth is that most of these cost money and customer referrals are particularly challenging for a small business that’s just starting up. As you’re beginning to understand, SEO is the most cost-effective way to advertise your business in today’s digital world where customers are taking out their smartphones and looking for products or services that you may be selling.
How Can We Help?
By now, I hope you fully understand the importance of having a good SEO strategy. Although all of this can be fully achieved without the help from SEO consultants, it does require constant dedication and work to ensure that your business website is fully optimized. This is especially true since Google and Bing are always working on updating logics that will increase rankings within their search engines.
Frustrated with paying companies for strategies that produce zero results? Have they sent you bills without showing you actual reports? Allow us to show you the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to search engine optimization. We provide full transparency on pricing and show you results at the end of each month through our monthly reports.
We get the job done right the first time by understanding your business goals, your target audience, and how to combine all into more visibility and profits for your business.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help , you can view more info on our SEO consulting services page.
Share this Post